N scale undecorated EMD SD70MAC locomotive by Kato. Factory assembled and ready to run (decoration and some detail assembly required). DCC ready for your decoder.
Mechanical features include:
- DCC Ready for your decoder
- Powerful five-pole KATO model with dual brass flywheels
- All-wheel electrical pick-up
- Blackened metal wheels in trucks that replicate the HTCR Phase II trucks.
- KATO magnetic knuckle couplers
- Cab-mounted headlight
- Illuminated preprinted number boards
- Walkway-mounted lighted ditch lights
- Handrails made of paintable material
The General Motors Locomotive Group Electro-Motive Division (EMD) SD70MAC is one of the most common locomotives plying the rails today. Originally introduced in late 1993 with an order for the Burlington Northern, the production now totals over 900 units, exceeding the combined production of the SD80MAC and SD90MAC locomotives by over 300 units. The first SD70MAC was delivered to the BN in 1993 and established a standard locomotive type that remains a favorite on BNSF today.